Sunday, October 1, 2023

The Season of the Witch (Revised 12/27/23)

 


"When I look out my window
Many sights to see
And when I look in my window
So many different people to be
That it's strange, so strange

You've got to pick up every stitch
You've got to pick up every stitch
You've got to pick up every stitch
Must be the season of the witch"

- Excerpt from Season of the Witch; Donovan Leitch, 1966


As we all know, the witching season commenced yesterday, the first day of October and will continue throughout the month until, at least, the second week of November. It was actually a day of epiphanies for me, and fairly positive. But, all the while a song was playing in the background of my mental arena, an old Donovan (website) tune: The Season of the Witch.

Naturally, I eventually turned to YouTube... finding the great video ( above) by Lana Del Ray animated with a... Betty Boop cartoon? Surprise, it was an absolutely brilliant match! Sadly, the owner took it down. I decided to stick with the Donovan's original.

Also included: a great vintage live cover by British performer Julie Driscoll, too, who now performs under the name of Julie Tippets.



 



Oh, and one more thing, I'd like to announce that Trans-D now has a new friend #12; a much nicer number than 11 (the number of chaos). Thanks, Julia and welcome!

Meanwhile, just in case I can't make it to the table on the actual witching day, the 31st, may you and yours have a wonderfully weird witching season!

PS  Joan Jett rocks it.


No comments:

Post a Comment