Sunday, October 23, 2022

Raga For a Sunday Afternoon (Update: 2/14/23)




It's been an emotionally devastating week and I desperately needed something to transport me back to my comfort zone... that is, I had to touch base with myself again. Sometimes, in order to accomplish this, one has to travel even farther away from the tried & true to find that magical, alchemical ingredient which can allow ones spirit to heal and thrive once again in a world which is often antagonistic to truth, beauty, and all things eternal and incorporeal.

Some time ago, when I was able to embed small videos on the sidebar of this blog, I posted a small series of Indian artists: Anoushka Shankar, and the amazing classical vocalizations of the artist below, Nina Burmi.






The mesmerizing voices of Burmi and Kaushiki Chakraborty (the first artist) worked for me then and they work for me now. Maybe, every once in awhile, we need a little (sacred) breathing space.

Just found (2/14/23)Kaushiki Chakraborty, a master singer (and a force of nature) offers up another awesome classical performance: Raag Bhairavi.


No comments:

Post a Comment