Thursday, March 10, 2022

Five of One, One of Five

 

5 Golden Snails = 1 Star - 2021, DS

 

I haven't yet perfected my "golden" diagrams... which are not supposed to represent true gold metal, but more of a sheet of old brass... with color enameling. I think I'm coming closer, but I've no way of knowing how these images appear on anyone else's computer. I only know that they suffer at a lower resolution and smaller size.

Ultimately, I may have to rethink the whole concept. Perhaps, the Golden series isn't a digital enterprise. Or, perhaps, it isn't blog material.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be away from this blog for several weeks. My lifestyle (or, my excuse for one) doesn't allow me time for calm, careful contemplation... unless I check into a motel.*

I check out tomorrow.

Till next time, then!



Music: Alt-J (Adeline)  Film: Andy Hardy.

(3/24/22) I've just posted lyrics for Adeline after the jump...


I can't make up my mind whether Adeline is a love song or a death song... or both. Maybe it's a mermaid song; that would work for me.


"Ooh, my Adeline, ooh
Down in Tasmania
Where the devil's jaws are far too weak
To tear you away
 
Ooh, I wish you well
I wish you well
I wish you well
I wish you well
 
Ooh, my Adeline
I watch your morning swim again
Ooh, cold from the blue sky
Strokes from passing mopeds
My sweet Adeline
 
Ooh, I wish you well (My Adeline)
I wish you well
I wish you well (My Adeline)
I wish you well
 
And the old triangle went jingle-jangle
All along the Royal Canal
My Adeline was swimming
Sweet Adeline was singing
To the tune of the Royal Canal
 
She's a swim, swimmer
Swimmer, swimmer
Swim, swimmer
Swimmer, swimmer
And the old triangle went jingle-jangle
All along the Royal Canal
My Adeline was swimming
Sweet Adeline was singing
To the tune of the Royal Canal
 
I wish her well (My Adeline)
I wish her well
I wish her well (My Adeline)
I wish her well
I wish her well"
 
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Hans Zimmer / Joe Newman / Brendan Behan / Thomas Green / Augustus Unger-hamilton
Adeline lyrics © Tcf Music Publishing Inc, Keith Prowse Music Publishing Co Ltd, Kobalt Music 
 

Illustration for The Little Mermaid by Sulamith Wolfing

______________________________________________

* (Added 5/9/22) Regarding motels, I just came upon an article written 2 years ago (by Andrew Fiouzi for MEL Magazine) which pretty much sums up the situation: How the All-American Motel Became a Last Resort for the Country’s Most Vulnerable. An excerpt:
 
"With these questions left unanswered, I’m torn about whether or not the enduring relevance of the motel is a net positive for American society. On the one hand, they are unequivocally essential to maintaining some semblance of dignity for a person or family who would otherwise be relegated to a tented street corner, or underneath the covering of a bridge. As our economic system continues to wage war on the destitute, pushing them further and further towards forgotten, at least these motel rooms provide a few basic comforts for their survival."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment