Friday, December 31, 2021

2022 - A Tentative New Year


 

Alas, it's that dreadful day again... that is, my birthday. A day in which everyone basically celebrates the next day... which can never come soon enough. A day in which everybody gets inebriated, gets maudlin about the past and unrealistic about the future... while doing and saying regrettable things they will, in time, forget. This was the world I entered many moons ago, and mostly, it suited me just fine... except the weather; I still hate the cold.

I would love to toast the future. After 2 very creepy years I would be most happy to experience a New Day... a New Year. Wouldn't you? But it remains to be seen. There seems to a conflict of interest across the globe today. The Fear-Mongers*, Dope-Peddlers**, and Bad News Boys*** of this world seemed as pleased as punch when a 14th Covid variant reared its ugly little microscopic head. After all - and it doesn't take a Conspiracy Theorist to follow the money trail - the Pandemic has been very lucrative for them. Not so for you, me, and everybody else in the world... specifically those who have lost jobs, homes, businesses (and loved ones)... not to mention autonomy, mobility, sanity and a joy of life.

So, Bad News Boys, you can keep your New (abnormal) Normal. I need a New Year which is nothing like the previous 2. I want to see people's faces again when I talk to them; I want to see mine. I want to see different parts of the world before I die. I want to align myself with a creative culture, not a Disease Culture. In short, I want my life back. And that (dear readers) is my only Birthday wish (and New Years resolution). Oh, and this: I wish the same for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

__________________________

 * The Covid PR group.

** The Covid R&D Group.

*** The Media.

 ___________________________

 

Note on the image which proceeds the text (also inset left): this diagram was the result of laying a pentagonal Golden Triangle over the nested lunes of a Lune Spiral. Each horizontal line in the triangle represent points where the triangle and the lunes met. It looks like a harp and that is it's name: A Golden Harp, or, just "harp."

Of interest: as you can see from the diagram, no matter where you slice off the base of a Golden Triangle, a Golden Triangle remains. The rectangles you see, however, are not Golden. The ratio of the side to the base of these pentagonal rectangles is this: 1.54545454545454... which is in keeping with the plethora of other embedded 9s in the pentagon's (and pentagram's) numerical structure. (For instance, the pentagram's angles: 36, 72 and 108 degrees; each adds up to 9.)

Inset right is a lune, also referred to as a crescent, although, in this species, the grand circle and the inner (lesser) circle are touching but not overlapping.

Theoretically, there are almost as many lunes within a circle as there are circles, and therefore, an almost infinite variety of lunes, lune spirals and harps. I will eventually document a few of them later in the "Golden" series.

But, getting back to the harp, I've been thinking "musical instrument" from the day I first devised it. In  reality, an actual harp, is a musical instrument built on a very strong angle.  Although I don't think any are built upon the very acute golden angle, I wonder if it's possible and what it might sound like.

(Later note:  There's a possibility a Renaissance harp used the golden angle!

For your listening pleasure: virtuoso harpist, Hanna Rabe beautifully performs Eric Satie's eerie, melodic tone poems, Gnossienes 1, 2 &3.

 

 

 

 







2 comments:

  1. The Golden Triangle perseveres! Love the strange mathematics of this. Happy Birthday and a FAR better 2022 for us All!

    ReplyDelete