Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cicada 7/17/12




... found by the side of the road, during one of my walkabouts.... Cars were driving by, and I felt weird stooping down to pick it up it's lifeless body, but I couldn't just leave it there. Cicadas are one of my personal totems... dead ones appearing at significant times.

I guess the Dog Days of Summer are almost upon us... already? 

Meanwhile, there's shortly to be a "For Sale" sign going up in front of my house. This means, I will probably have little time for blogging. Wish me luck, and enjoy what remains of this summer!

Till next time...
D


(Later note: A future - 2013 - post in which the cicada, once again, emerges: The Jewel - Image and Premonition)




4 comments:

  1. Once, a friend and I went to a gallery art repository, and saw an incredible sculpture. We could not figure out how the artist made it - until it flew away. :0

    Good luck on the house sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Wish I was there. Sounds like one of those LSD tales (from yesteryear).

      Thanks for the wish. It's my childhood home that I moved back to 15 or so years ago... fully intending for it to be a temporary thing. I don't think I've ever been anything but sad here - so it's a positive venture!

      Delete
  2. HMMMm...I was quite unfamiliar with cicadas (unless you call 'em grasshoppers) and thought perhaps they didn't exist here in the NW, but GOOGLE shows me they do - just in few areas and numbers (apparently).

    All things have a cycle and I hope your house sale goes well.

    And you know..thinking back on the circadia...at least it didn't burst out of yor chest...like "Alien"...BUT you have to admit that's a lot more dramatic than finding one on the road. Okay...I guess I'm digressing a bit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob!

      Cicadas do have an alien quality... but just about no awareness or interest in humans at all... Sorry! ;-)

      Delete